Tuesday, November 22, 2011

"I Feel Much Better Now... Much Clearer." Does Anyone Even Remember Terminator 2?

I found my last blog to be quite cathartic. Sometimes, I don’t need answers, I just need to put out to the Universe what my frustrations are. I felt so much better afterwards. 

After he read it, my dad suggested that I write a blog in a similar fashion, but instead, outlining all of the things that I am grateful for. Given the nature of this week and the overwhelming thankfulness that I do feel, I thought I would take his suggestion. After all, just like being mad, being grateful doesn’t always require explanations. 

I am grateful. 

I am grateful to be so close to my family. 

I am grateful that my brother has found happiness. 

I am grateful that my nephew is so smart and beautiful. 

I am grateful to have health insurance again. 

I am grateful to have a significant other who is crazy about me. 

I am grateful that the NFL is not the NBA. 

I am grateful for my apartment that officially feels like “home”. 

I am grateful for a job that allows me to enjoy other activities and still pays the bills. 

I am grateful for the handful of employees at my new job that make me smile. 

I am grateful for my brain. 

I am grateful for my ability to communicate. 

I am grateful to Jeremy for giving me that money. 

I am grateful for my new iPhone and my new friend, Siri. 

I am grateful that the Broncos already have a better win record than last year. 

I am grateful that so many of my friends have had or are having healthy babies. 

I am grateful for having enough food to eat. 

I am grateful for having a reliable car. 

I am grateful for my Satellite radio. 

I am grateful for those that I consider my true friends. 

I am grateful for those that I consider my superficial friends. 

I am grateful for good music. 

I am grateful for my healthy lungs. 

I am grateful for my loving and incredibly strong parents. 

I am grateful for my DVR. 

I am grateful for my bowling team, The X-Factor. 

I am grateful for all the time I get to spend with my family. 

I am grateful for the woman I’ve been, the one I am and the one I will become. 

I am grateful that I have today. 

I appreciate this time of year so much. Halloween reminds me of how much fun we can still have as adults, Thanksgiving reminds me of how much I have, Christmas reminds me of how important family is and, my favorite, New Year’s Day is a reminder of what I am capable of. 

Last year, I wrote a Thanksgiving blog as well. However you choose to do it, I do hope you’ll take some time to reflect on all that you are grateful for. It’s very easy to get lost in the messiness of life. I get lost there quite often... but when the trees clear and the clouds break, I see my family, my home, my job and my wonderful man and know that I am luckier and more rich than I ever thought possible. 

Thanks, Dad.

4 comments:

  1. I totally remember T2. I remember it SO well that I remember that it was referenced as T2! "And if someone comes up to you with an attitude you say 'Eat me' and if you REALLY wanna shine them on, you say 'Hasta la vista, baby'" LoL

    ReplyDelete
  2. On the same token, there are people infinitely grateful for you as well. I mean not me, but a friend of mine :-P This made me want to write down all the things I am thankful for. I think I may do that. Thanks for the inspiration, and being the person I love and adore.

    TIM

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I feel much better now" immediately reminds me of the movie "The Sixth Sense" when Mischa Barton pukes up the Pine Sol laced soup her mother fed her then says "I'm feeling much better now". :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally forgot that was Mischa Barton! Best acting she ever did, I think...

    ReplyDelete